Bobb Island (Elizabeth Point)
The island cut off by Bear Creek at the point of Skull Creek and Port Royal Sound has long been designated as Bobbs Island, although the only name for the area on the 1775 Sayre and Bennett map is Elizabeth Point. Bridget Barnwell, wife of Captain Robert Sams, owned this property from 1724; it passed to their son, Robert Sams in 1760. After he died the same year, it was sold to William and Phoebe Waight. The island was probably named for Captain Bob Sams. On one map it was designated Skull Island.
- Peeples, Robert E.H., An Index to Hilton Head Island Names (Before the Contemporary Development), p. 4.