Location: Hilton Head Branch
Are you researching and saving your info on scraps of paper, posting your tree on line at ancestry.com, or doing nothing with your research? If so, this class is for you! None of the above will allow you to prepare, print out, or easily share a nice, polished, genealogy product. You need genealogy software such as Mackiev’s Family Tree Maker 2017.
Topics covered include the following:
- Basics of entering data
- Linking data for various individuals in a family
- Adding photos
- Understanding the various views
- Adding on-line info directly to the tree without retyping or copying it
- Preparing, printing, and sharing basic charts and reports
- There will be examples displayed of what you can create with this powerful software. The class also is appropriate for those who are not using any software and are trying to decide what to use. NOTE: This class will help you if you are using Family Tree Maker 2014, too!
Requirements: While you may bring your laptop, you will be asked to close down before the class starts. You will get lost and unfairly slow down the class if you are trying to actually do the tasks while they are eing covered.
Questions? Contact Carol Clemens at firstname.lastname@example.org
Presented by Carol Clemens
Heritage Library Volunteer
$10 for Heritage Library members; $15 for non-members