Union Cemetery Road
Approximately one-half mile south of Four Corners a road branched easterly across Folly Field and Grass Lawn to Springfield and Coggins Point Plantations. On its north side a cemetery was established for the Union soldiers who died here 1861-1872. After the establishment of the National Cemetery in Beaufort, all of these remains were re-interred there. Island blacks continue to use it for a resting place for their dead. The name persists.
- Peeples, An Index to Hilton Head Island Names (Before the Contemporary Development), p. 42