The chief island public roads from Ferry Point Landing to Coggins Point and from Seabrook Landing via Zion Chapel to Braddock’s Point crossed where sand hill and Cherry Hill Plantations touched. On the northeast corner stood the Negro Methodist Church; on the northwest corner stood W.T. Brown’s general store, which also housed the island post office, with living quarters of the Browns on the floor above. This was the island chief crossroads in 1923 when the Browns were murdered and their store burned. The road to Seabrook Landing no longer exists, the crossroad is now Highway 334; Four Corners is practically lost.
- Peeples, An Index to Hilton Head Island Names (Before the Contemporary Development), p. 17