Long Island

The long, narrow island lying along the southern shore of Broad Creek as it empties into Calibogue Sound was called Long Island as early as the 1783 Mosse Survey, being part of Lots 43 and 44 of Bayley’s Barony.  The name has now been changed to Calibogue Cay.

  • Peeples, An Index to Hilton Head Island Names (Before the Contemporary Development), p. 25