General Information - Location – on the area along Scull Creek later known as Fairfield Plantation, per a map of 1777.
Owners - Apparently the plantation residence of William Eden. Still a landholder in 1793.
Holmgren, Hilton Head, A Sea Island Chronicle
Peeples, An Index to Hilton Head Island Names
1777 map of the island shows a plantation named “Eden” covering the area along Skull Creek later known as Fairfield Plantation. This was apparently the plantation residence of William Eden, widower, who married in May 1753 Marseil Margaret, daughter of Philip and Eleanor Delegall.
- Peeples, Robert E. H., An Index to Hilton Head Island Names (Before the Contemporary Development), p. 12