General Information - Location - Lots 29 and 11 of Bayley’s Barony
- John Hanahan, Edisto Island planter, in 1789 purchased Lot 29, formerly held by Dr. Powell and John Fenwick, adding 403 acres owned by the late Benjamin Guerard. In 1792 he bought Lot 11, the 270-acre Garden’s Plantation between Old House and Crooked Creek.
- Captain John Stoney acquired most of this property in 1805.
See also Honey Horn Plantation.
Lot 11, 270 acres.
Lot 29, 445 acres + 403 adjacent
Map - "Mosse, Hilton Head Island, 1783. Lots 29 and 11"
Holmgren, Hilton Head, A Sea Island Chronicle
Peeples, An Index to Hilton Head Island Names